In 1968 the Flagstaff Ski Club, was founded and over several generations has trained thousands of Arizona junior athletes, from talented amateurs to junior Olympians and even winter Olympians. Operating nowknown as the Flagstaff Alpine Ski and Snowboard Team, or FAST, this nonprofit, locally funded organization boasts Alpine Racing, Snow Board Racing and Ski and Board Freestyle teams that train in Flagstaff and compete in the Southern Division of the Unites States Ski Association and (new snow board series?).
Today FAST has over 150 junior athletes from age 6 18, 20 professional coaches and logs 150 training hours per Winter per athlete.
- TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT WHILE HAVING FUN AND LEARNING FUNDAMENTAL SKI & SNOWBOARD SKILLS.
- TO PROMOTE DEVELOPMENT OF HEALTHY AND WELL CONDITIONED YOUNG PEOPLE.
- TO HELP DEVELOP DISCIPLINED AND COMMITTED YOUNG ATHLETES.
- TO MAKE SKI RACING AND SNOWBOARDING AVAILABLE TO A BROAD CROSS-SECTION OF FAMILIES IN OUR COMMUNITY.
- TO PRODUCE WINNING ATHLETES IN ALPINE SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING.